Recreation opportunities in the Sebring area abound for people of all ages and include fresh water swimming in our many lakes, fishing, boating, water skiing, airboat rides and other water sports. Largemouth bass thrive in area lakes and many are of trophy size. People can enjoy nature at its best in nearby Highlands Hammock State Park, one of the oldest in Florida’s state park system. Many other opportunities to enjoy life in the outdoors also exist in the Greater Sebring area, including bicycling and bird watching.
Sebring is the home of America’s oldest and most famous road racing track. Founded over a half century ago, Sebring International Raceway is the Mecca of sports car racing in North America, hosting the famous Mobil 1 “Twelve Hours of Sebring” Endurance Race. In addition to the annual 12 Hours race, there are tons of events happening year-round.
Golf is a popular recreation choice for a number of our visitors, with many excellent courses to choose from that challenge skills of all levels, all at reasonable prices. Click here to view a list of golf courses in the area.
Relax and have a bite to eat at one of our tasty local restaurants, with fare ranging from down-home cooking to unique and savory. Click here to view our listing of restaurants.
Recreation in Sebring
- Airboat Wildlife Adventures- Providing 1.5 hour-long tours to present a diverse range of scenery and Florida wildlife. Not only do you see 28,000 acre Lake Istokpoga, but also venture several miles up beautiful Arbuckle Creek. Enjoy the beauty of gliding through pristine waters while experiencing the excitement of traveling over hydrilla and tall grass that only an airboat ride can offer.
- Archbold Biological Station- Archbold Biological Station protects a 5,193-acre globally significant Florida scrub preserve located on the southern end of the Lake Wales Ridge, an ancient sandy ecosystem of south-central Florida. Enjoy a tour or walk the half mile trail to enjoy the Real Florida.
- Children’s Museum- The Children’s Museum of the Highlands purpose is to provide a safe area for children (ages 1 – 12) to learn and explore. We believe our children are our future. If we can instill in them a positive attitude about learning and life, the future will be bright.
- Grape Hammock Fish Camp- Grape Hammock is a family-owned marina on the south end of Lake Kissimmee in Lake Wales, Florida. Lake Kissimmee is known for its lunker bass, plentiful pan fish and spectacular scenery. Grape Hammock Fish Camp is far enough away from the city to enjoy tranquility and breathe fresh air, yet only an hour and a half away from Central Florida attractions. Offers cabin rentals, RV park, airboat rides, and more.
- Heartland Bowl- Includes a 16 lane family bowling center with a large arcade, pool tables and snack bar. We offer league, open and group bowling rates.
- Highlands Hammock State Park- Many visitors enjoy bicycling the scenic 3-mile loop drive or hiking along the park´s nine trails. An elevated boardwalk traverses an old-growth cypress swamp. Picnicking is another popular activity as are ranger-guided tours of the park. Visit the Civilian Conservation Corps Museum, which is included in your park admission.
- Highlands Little Theatre- The mission of Highlands Little Theatre is to provide a venue for community participation in live theatrical production, thereby enhancing the quality of cultural arts in the Highlands County, Florida area.
- Highlands Museum of the Arts- Highlands Museum of the Arts (MOTA) is located on the shores of beautiful Lake Jackson between the Civic Center and Highlands Little Theater.
- Military Sea Services Museum- This is the only museum in the U.S. to honor the Military Sea Services of the United States of America (The U.S. Navy, Marine Corps, and the Coast Guard). We dedicate this building to the memory of those gallant men and women who honorably served their country protecting our seas, shores, and air space from those attempting to deprive us of our freedom.
- Museum of Florida Art & Culture (MOFAC)- Features an ever changing array of Florida-inspired art exhibits, located on the campus of South Florida State College.
- Sebring International Raceway- Sebring is the home of America’s oldest and most famous road racing track. Founded over a half century ago, Sebring International Raceway is the Mecca of sports car racing in North America, hosting the famous Mobil 1 “Twelve Hours of Sebring” Endurance Race. In addition to the annual 12 Hours race, there are tons of events happening year-round.
- The Village at the Highlands Art League - Located on the shores of Lake Jackson in downtown Sebring, Florida, The Village consists of four historic buildings with rich Sebring History. The Village is a hive of artistic activity and an asset to the community of art and culture in Highlands County. An array of classes are available, including the popular “Art Uncorked” classes, classes for kids, and much more!